St. Kate’s 48th annual “Conversation with Books” showcases women authors
A tradition since 1964, St. Catherine University’s Alumnae Relations Office’s “Conversation with Books” is an evening of lively conversation about recent books of literary merit.
St. Kate’s Professor Emerita of English and Honorary Alumna Catherine Lupori, Alumnae Relations Liaison Ruth Haag Brombach ’60 and Judie Martens Flahavan ’60 will lead the discussion.
This year’s event will be held Monday, Jan. 23, 6:30-8:30 p.m. in Rauenhorst Hall inside the student center, Coeur de Catherine, on the University’s St. Paul campus, 2004 Randolph Ave.
Featuring all women authors, this year's “Conversation with Books” offers book lovers an evening of rich literary discussion. It is not necessary to have read the books in advance of the event.
Tickets and new options
New this year is a $55 VIP ticket that includes a 5 p.m. dinner in the President’s Dining Room.
General admission is $28 ($25 if purchased before Jan. 19) and includes a complimentary reception with beverages, wine and hors d'oeuvres from 6-6:30 p.m. Casual dining is also available from 5-6:30 p.m. for an additional $15. A book club rate of $23 is available for groups of five or more.
Registration is available in advance online.
Parking is free and shuttle service will be available between the parking lot and Coeur de Catherine. All net proceeds from the ticket sales go towards funding Alumnae Relations programs and services.
2012 Conversation with Books List
- Geraldine Brooks, Caleb’s Crossing, Viking, 2011
- Emma Donoghue, Room, Little, Brown and Company, 2010
- Bobbie Ann Mason, The Girl in the Blue Beret: A Novel, Random House, Inc., New York, 2011
- Ann Patchett, State of Wonder, Harper Collins, 2011
- Elisabeth Tova Bailey, The Sound of a Wild Snail Eating, Algonquin Books of Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, N.C., 2010
- Susan Jacoby, Never Say Die: the Myth and Marketing of the New Old Age, Pantheon Books, 2011
- Molly Peacock, The Paper Garden: An Artist [Begins Her Life’s Work] at 72, Bloomsbury USA, 2010
- Rebecca Skloot, The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks, Crown, 2010
Marge (Rogers) Barrett ’68, My Memoir Dress, Finishing Line Press, Georgetown, Kentucky, 2011.
For more information
For more information, contact Alumnae Relations at 651-690-6666.
In the event of a severe weather event, “Conversation with Books” will be on Wednesday, Jan. 25, 2012. No refunds will be issued due to rescheduling to Jan. 25.