Six alumnae honored as Outstanding Nurses
During a party celebrating Twin Cities nurses on July 14, several St. Catherine University alumnae were honored with the distinction of being an “Outstanding Nurse.”
This year marks the fourth year for this event and awards program, sponsored by Mpls.St.Paul Magazine. A total of 20 Outstanding Nurse awards were given, with six going to St. Kate's alumnae.
As with other years, only one Lifetime Achievement Award was given—to Mary Jo Lanners Peck '69, a nurse manager and program manager at Hennepin County Medical Center’s Knapp Rehabilitation Unit. Peck has worked as a nurse at HCMC for 46 years.
Other St. Kate's alumnae earning distinction:
- Melissa Christensen '99, outstanding nurse in children's health
- Lindsey Richels Pogemiller '08, outstanding nurse in a clinical setting
- Marilyn Hennen Bye '74, outstanding nurse in intensive care
- Lisa Fitzgerald-Swenson M'01, outstanding nurse educator
- Erin Murphy MAOL'05, outstanding nurse in public health or activism
The Outstanding Nurses Awards is an awards program that asks the public and the medical community to nominate nurses of excellence in the Twin Cities and surrounding areas. Nominations are vetted and judged by a team of nurses working in the profession. Award winners will appear in the November issue of Mpls.St.Paul Magazine.