Shout Out St. Kate's Day is February 29
The External Relations Department of St. Catherine University has designated Wednesday, Feb. 29, 2012, as the first ever “Shout Out St. Kate’s Day."
On Feb. 29, St. Catherine University invites students, alumnae, faculty, staff and friends of the University to tell their St. Kate’s story. If St. Kate's has made a difference in your personal or professional life, or in your family or community, share your story on Shout Out St. Kate's Day.
"Our goal is to move our brand, or reputation, from 'strong but quiet' to 'vibrant and well known,'" says Vice President for External Relations Marjorie Mathison Hance '70. The alumnae chapter in New York City, for example, will be waving Shout Out signs for "The Today Show" cameras at Rockefeller Center. Young alumnae in the Twin Cities will ride the light-rail line decked out in their purple Shout Out T-shirts.
Shout Out St. Kate's
A week prior to the event, the Saint Paul City Council passed a resolution proclaiming Wednesday, Feb. 29, 2012, as "Shout Out St. Kate's Day" in the city of St. Paul. The resolution states that "St. Catherine University, founded in 1905 as an institution of higher learning, is dedicated to educating women of all faiths and backgrounds to lead and influence." The resolution also highlighted features of the University and stated that "the Council of the City of St. Paul gives a hearty 'shout out' to St. Catherine University and her faculty, students, staff, alumnae and friends.
Many organizations will also be participating in Shout Out St. Kate's Day. On Feb. 29, look for St. Kate's factoids on digital signs at the Mall of America throughout the day. Those who wear Shout Out St. Kate's Day T-shirts or stickers and St. Kate's T-shirts can also earn a 10 percent discount at Espresso Royale (formerly Brewberries) coffee shop on the corner of Randolph and Fairview near the St. Paul campus.
Visit www.stkate.edu/shoutout for information about St. Kate’s that you can share and Shout Out ideas including:
- Tell a co-worker, boss or friend about St. Kate’s and what you love about the University.
- Wear your St. Catherine class ring, reunion pin or Centennial pin. You may be surprised how many people ask about what the jewelry means!
- Post updates on your favorite social media site such as Facebook, Linkedin or Twitter using the hashtag: #ShoutOutStKates
- Wear a Shout Out T-shirt on Feb. 29. Shout Out T-Shirts are available at www.stkate.edu/bookstore for just $10, including shipping.
- Open the February issue of SCAN magazine, pull out the stickers, wear them on Feb. 29, and let other people see your Katie spirit.
- Or let your imagination be your guide and come up with something entirely on your own!
Share What You Did
Send a photo, video link and/or summary of what you did on Feb. 29 to email@example.com. Prizes will be awarded for the most creative ways you Shout Out St. Kate's!