What do you get when you bring together two mayors, one of Minnesota's “top docs,” an interior designer and other women leaders? A fashion show done St. Kate's style, of course!
The Shout Out Fashion Challenge
Several prominent St. Catherine University alumnae have been paired with St. Kate's Fashion Merchandising
students. The fashion challenge? The students are tasked with styling the alumnae with looks from Ann Taylor
's new spring line.
Alumnae models include:
• Annie Ballantine '05, interior designer and owner of Annie Ballantine designs
• Cathy Bendel '81, MD, associate professor of pediatrics and director of the neonatal-perinatal medicine fellowship program at the U of M
• Cathy Brennan '70, occupational therapy consultant
• Elizabeth Kautz '82, mayor of Burnsville
• Molly Park '71, mayor of Sunfish Lake
• Sahasha Reese '12, office coordinator for St. Catherine University Alumnae Relations
• Asma Lori Saroya '07, executive director of CAIR- MN
• TashaRose Terry '08, graduate student clerk for the U.S. Attorney's Office
The event will be emcee'd by Linda Thrasher '88, chair of the St. Catherine University Alumnae Council and a University trustee as well as corporate practice leader at Himle, Rapp & Company.
Special music guest
Local music artist Toussaint Morrison will perform a few numbers, including a spoken word piece about coming from a family of Katies.
Up-cycled student fashions
The event will also feature 'up cycled' looks by Apparel Design
students from their annual fashion show, Katwalk. Think Project Runway’s alternative material challenge, with an intentionally sustainable focus.
The designs reflect a curriculum paradigm developed by St. Kate’s Apparel, Merchandising, and Design faculty that prepares future professionals to balance economic, environmental and societal considerations.
Where and when
More about Shout Out St. Kate's Day
"Shout Out St. Kate's Day returns March 7"
How you can Shout Out!